- A new study links dense breasts to an increased risk for recurrence in the other breast.
- Sexual problems after breast cancer are common, but are aromatase inhibitors making it worse?
- Last week, I gave some friends from my sons' school permission to use MY chemo brain to excuse their own mental failings (a la, "Gee, I spent too much time talking to Cyn on the playground today and now I have chemo brain!"). But what is chemo brain? A study suggests even patients who do not go through chemo experience loss of memory or confusion.
- There ARE things you can do to lower your risk for breast cancer, and now a study says this is true even for women with a family history.The study says, regardless of a family connection, breast cancer risk drops if you do three things:
- Exercise regularly - 20 minutes of moderate to vigorous exercise, 4 times a week
- Consume alcohol moderately - less than 7 drinks per week
- Maintain a healthy weight - a body mass index (BMI) between 18.5 and 24.9.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Monday's health links - on Tuesday
Sorry - but yesterday was Thanksgiving here in Canada. I hope everyone was able to take some time to be with, or think of, the people for whom they are thankful.