- Fish oil supplements may block chemo drugs. Please talk to your oncologist about this if you are undergoing treatment. BBC News.
- Potential for new therapy targeting metastatic breast cancer announced at scientific symposium in Germany. Digital Journal.
- Flower power? The autumn crocus shows promise in the fight against cancer. BBC News.
- Nuts! Walnuts may reduce risk for breast cancer and I'm allergic to them. And it's not like I can just consume other sources of the nut's individual components - they think the real benefit is in the whole nut with all elements working together. Sacramento Bee.
- W post-presidency. Already lauded for his work fighting AIDS, former president George W Bush pushes to expand screening and treatment of cervical and breast cancers in the developing world. Wall Street Journal.
- Learning more about CNETs, the under and misdiagnosed cancer being fought by Apple CEO Steve Jobs. Toronto Sun.
- Finally, filmmaker Lea Pool brings her documentary "Pink Ribbons" to the Toronto Film Festival. I can't wait for it to get major release. CTV.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Back from summer vacation just in time for Monday's health links
Sorry for the very sporadic posting this summer. I took some well-needed time of with my kids but now, a la Arnie, I'm back!