On to the links...
- Fast food in Canada and the US is saltier than elsewhere in the world. Having just dined at Fat Burger last night, I would have to concur. But it was yummy. So one more reason to employ moderation. Some foods are treats, not fuel. CTV
- Exercise during breast cancer treatment helps you avoid depression and fatigue. And, helps cut down on constipation - so it's a win-win-win situation! Toronto Sun.
- Using yoga to help fight breast cancer. Vancouver Sun (video)
- If you still aren't eating your greens, here is a great summary of what you are missing! Top performers: kale, dandelion, spinach, chard, and collard greens. Seattle Times
- Still need convincing? Criminy! Ok, how about this - cruciferous vegetables, like leafy greens, broccoli and cauliflower, may improve chances of surviving breast cancer. Huffington Post
- Really - still not convinced? What about what you're modelling for your kids? Here are some tips on getting kids to eat vegetables. Among the tips - kale chips, greens in smoothies, planting a garden and, and my favourite, talking with them about why vegetables are important. Don't lecture, but be honest about the risks of a bad diet. Kids get it. Washington Post.